Online lingerie market size in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.07% between 2021 and 2026; The influx of luxury brands will be the key trend – Technavio
NEW YORK, March 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — According to Technavio, the online lingerie market size in India is estimated to grow by USD 859.41 million from 2021 to 2026. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.07% during the forecast period. The influx of luxury brands is identified as the major trend influencing the growth of the market. Consumer spending on luxury and high-quality products is increasing in India. Also, the growing per capita income and the rising number of working women have increased purchasing power in the last few years. This is encouraging major luxury brands to enter the brands and tap the growth potential. The market is also witnessing increasing partnerships between major luxury brands and popular e-commerce platforms. All these factors are positively influencing the growth of the market in focus. For more insights on the market size (2022 to 2026) – Request a sample report
- Special coverage on the Russia–Ukraine war; inflation; recovery analysis from COVID-19; supply chain disruptions, trade tensions; and risk of recession
- competitiveness and key competitor positions
- Market presence across multiple geographical footprints – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial – buy the report!
Online Lingerie Market In India – Segmentation Assessment
Technavio has segmented the market based on the product (bra, knickers and panties, and others) and type (natural and synthetic).
- The market growth in the bra segment will be significant during the forecast period. Factors such as rising brand consciousness, rapid urbanization, and increased spending power are supporting the growth of the segment.
Get insights on the market contribution of various segments and forecast the market size (2022 to 2026) – Download a Sample Report
Online Lingerie Market in India – Market Dynamics
Key growth driver
- The growth of the market is driven by the increased penetration of organized retail.
- The rise in the number of active internet users has led to the growth of organized retail in India.
- Consumers are exhibiting increased demand for niche and customized products.
- Online platforms are providing a wide range of collections and products to cater to different user segments.
- The increased preference for branded products among customers has increased the importance of organized retailers carrying branded lingerie wear.
Major challenge hindering the growth
- The direct-to-customer (DTC) selling approach is identified as the major challenge hindering the growth of the market.
- The direct-to-customer approach improves the loyalty of customers by understanding their requirements.
- Many brands are adopting this approach by eliminating middle-man and selling directly to consumers at the cost of traditional retailers.
- The increasing popularity of this approach is challenging the growth of vendors as well as the growth of the market.
Insights on Market Drivers, Trends, & Challenges and forecast period(2022 to 2026) – Request a sample report!
What are the key data covered in this online lingerie market in India report
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth of the online lingerie market in India between 2022 and 2026
- Precise estimation of the size of the online lingerie market in India size and its contribution to the market in focus on the parent market
- Accurate predictions about upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Growth of the online lingerie market across India
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information about vendors
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that will challenge the growth of online lingerie market vendors in India
Gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Technavio’s SUBSCRIPTION platform
- The intimate apparel market size is projected to surge by USD 57.34 billion by 2026, at an accelerating CAGR of 8%. The preference for visually appealing intimate apparel among fashion-conscious customers, especially women is notably driving the intimate apparel market growth, although factors such as fewer barriers to new entrants leading to intense competition among key brands may impede market growth.
- The online lingerie market size is expected to increase by USD 6.11 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.21%. The cost benefits for retailers operating in online space is notably driving the online lingerie market growth, although factors such as increasing competition from the unorganized sector may impede the market growth.
Online Lingerie Market In India Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 18.07%
Market growth 2022-2026
USD 859.41 million
YoY growth 2022-2023 (%)
Leading Vendors, Market Positioning of Vendors, Competitive Strategies, and Industry Risks
Key companies profiled
Fast Retailing Co. Ltd., Hennes and Mauritz AB, Hunkemoller B.V., Jockey International Inc., Marks and Spencer Plc, Reliance Retail Ltd., Sockkobe Co. Ltd., Triumph International Pvt. Ltd., Victorias Secret Stores and Co., and Wacoal Holdings Corp.
Parent market analysis, market growth inducers and obstacles, fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, and market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Table of contents:
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market Overview
Exhibit 01: Key Finding 1
Exhibit 02: Key Finding 2
Exhibit 04: Key Finding 6
Exhibit 05: Key Finding 7
2. Market Landscape
2.1 Market ecosystem
Exhibit 06 Parent market
Exhibit 07: Market characteristics
2.2 Value Chain Analysis
Exhibit 08: Value Chain Analysis: Apparel, accessories, and luxury goods
2.2.2 Inbound logistics
2.2.4 Outbound logistics
2.2.5 Marketing and sales
2.2.7 Support activities
3. Market Sizing
3.1 Market definition
Exhibit 09: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
3.2 Market segment analysis
Exhibit 10: Market segments
3.3 Market size 2021
3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2021 – 2026
Exhibit 11: – Market size and forecast 2021 – 2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 12: market: Year-over-year growth 2021 – 2026 (%)
4. Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Five Forces Summary
Exhibit 13: Five forces analysis 2021 – 2026
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
Exhibit 14: Bargaining power of the buyer
4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
Exhibit 15: Bargaining power of the supplier
4.4 Threat of new entrants
Exhibit 16: Threat of new entrants
4.5 Threat of substitutes
Exhibit 17: Threat of substitutes
4.6 Threat of rivalry
Exhibit 18: Threat of rivalry
4.7 Market condition
Exhibit 19: Market condition – Five forces 2021
5. Market Segmentation by Product
5.1 Market segments
Exhibit 20: Product- Market share 2021 – 2026 (%)
5.2 Comparison by Product
Exhibit 21: Comparison by Product
5.3 Bras – Market size and forecast 2021-2026
Exhibit 22: Bras – Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 23: Bras – Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
5.4 Knickers and panties – Market size and forecast 2021-2026
Exhibit 24: Knickers and panties – Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 25: Knickers and panties – Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
5.5 Others – Market size and forecast 2021-2026
Exhibit 26: Others – Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 27: Others – Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
5.6 Market opportunity by Product
Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by Type
6.1 Market segments
Exhibit 29: Type- Market share 2021-2026 (%)
6.2 Comparison by Type
Exhibit 30: Comparison by Type
6.3 Natural – Market size and forecast 2021-2026
Exhibit 31: Natural – Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 32: Natural – Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
6.4 Synthetic – Market size and forecast 2021-2026
Exhibit 33: Synthetic – Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ million)
Exhibit 34: Synthetic – Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
6.5 Market opportunity by Type
Exhibit 35: Market opportunity by Type
7. Customer landscape
Technavio’s customer landscape matrix comparing Drivers or price sensitivity, Adoption lifecycle, importance in customer price basket, Adoption rate and Key purchase criteria
Exhibit 36: Customer landscape
8. Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
8.1 Market drivers
8.1.1 Increased penetration of organized retail driving lingerie demand
8.1.2 Growing consumer awareness regarding online lingerie shopping
8.1.3 Demand from smaller cities pushes lingerie sales
8.2 Market challenges
8.2.1 Direct customer selling approach
8.2.2 Shifting trends in lingerie industry
8.2.3 Prevalence of the unorganized sector
Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
8.3 Market trends
8.3.1 Influx of luxury brands
8.3.2 Men emerging as significant online buyers
8.3.3 Omnichannel strategy by brands
9. Vendor Landscape
Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
9.2 Landscape disruption
Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
Exhibit 40: Industry Risk
10. Vendor Analysis
10.1 Vendors covered
Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
10.2 Market positioning of vendors
Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
10.3 Fast Retailing Co. Ltd.
Exhibit 43: Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. – Overview
Exhibit 44: Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. – Business segments
Exhibit 45: Fast Retailing Co.Ltd. – Key news
Exhibit 46: Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. – Key offerings
Exhibit 47: Fast Retailing Co. Ltd. – Segment focus
10.4 Hennes and Mauritz AB
Exhibit 48: Hennes and Mauritz AB – Overview
Exhibit 49: Hennes and Mauritz AB – Business segments
Exhibit 50: Hennes and Mauritz AB -Key news
Exhibit 51: Hennes and Mauritz AB – Key offerings
Exhibit 52: Hennes and Mauritz AB – Segment focus
10.5 Hunkemoller B.V.
Exhibit 53: Hunkemoller B.V. – Overview
Exhibit 54: Hunkemoller B.V. – Product and service
Exhibit 55: Hunkemoller B.V. – Key offerings
10.6 Jockey International Inc.
Exhibit 56: Jockey International Inc. – Overview
Exhibit 57: Jockey International Inc. – Product and service
Exhibit 58: Jockey International Inc. – Key offerings
10.7 Marks and Spencer Plc
Exhibit 59: Marks and Spencer Plc – Overview
Exhibit 60: Marks and Spencer Plc – Business segments
Exhibit 61: Marks and Spencer Plc – Key offerings
Exhibit 62: Marks and Spencer Plc – Segment focus
10.8 Reliance Retail Ltd.
Exhibit 63: Reliance Retail Ltd. – Overview
Exhibit 64: Reliance Retail Ltd. – Product and service
Exhibit 65: Reliance Retail Ltd. – Key offerings
10.9 Sockkobe Co. Ltd.
Exhibit 66: Sockkobe Co. Ltd. – Overview
Exhibit 67: Sockkobe Co. Ltd. – Product and service
Exhibit 68: Sockkobe Co. Ltd. – Key offerings
10.10 Triumph International Pvt. Ltd.
Exhibit 69: Triumph International Pvt. Ltd. – Overview
Exhibit 70: Triumph International Pvt. Ltd. – Product and service
Exhibit 71: Triumph International Pvt. Ltd. – Key offerings
10.11 Victorias Secret Stores and Co.
Exhibit 72: Victorias Secret Stores and Co. – Overview
Exhibit 73: Victorias Secret Stores and Co. – Business segments
Exhibit 74: Victorias Secret Stores and Co. – Key offerings
Exhibit 75: Victorias Secret Stores and Co. – Segment focus
10.12 Wacoal Holdings Corp.
Exhibit 76: Wacoal Holdings Corp. – Overview
Exhibit 77: Wacoal Holdings Corp. – Business segments
Exhibit 78: Wacoal Holdings Corp. – Key offerings
Exhibit 79: Wacoal Holdings Corp. – Segment focus
11.1 Scope of the report
11.1.1 Market definition
11.1.3 Notes and caveats
11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
Exhibit 80: Currency conversion rates for US$
11.3 Research Methodology
Exhibit 81: Research Methodology
Exhibit 82: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
Exhibit 83: Information sources
11.4 List of abbreviations
Exhibit 84: List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
Email: [email protected]
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/online-lingerie-market-size-in-india-to-grow-at-a-cagr-of-18-07-between-2021-and-2026-the-influx-of-luxury-brands-will-be-the-key-trend—technavio-301761921.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post Online lingerie market size in India to grow at a CAGR of 18.07% between 2021 and 2026; The influx of luxury brands will be the key trend – Technavio first appeared on TREND MAG.
Fashion - TREND MAG originally published at Fashion - TREND MAG